🇬🇧 A curse so dark and lonely

"I may not be able to find a path out of this curse, but I was raised to rule this kingdom."

 

 

               
A CURSE SO DARK AND LONELY by 

BRIGID KEMMERER


 I was participating in a book club challenge, where we had this book as a book of the month. 

At first I didn't want to participate, since I'm not to keen on fantasy stories, but then I was intrigued after reading other reviews. 

STORY:

 Fall in love, break the curse.

Cursed by a powerful enchantress to repeat the autumn of his eighteenth year, Prince Rhen, the heir of Emberfall, thought he could be saved easily if a girl fell for him. But that was before he turned into a vicious beast hell-bent on destruction. Before he destroyed his castle, his family, and every last shred of hope.

Nothing has ever been easy for Harper. With her father long gone, her mother dying, and her brother constantly underestimating her because of her cerebral palsy, Harper learned to be tough enough to survive. When she tries to save a stranger on the streets of Washington, DC, she's pulled into a magical world.

Break the curse, save the kingdom.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 “I want—I want to know it’s real. Not that you’re trying to trick me to break the curse.”



 I can see why he’s failed at this curse so many times—he keeps so much of himself hidden.

___________________________________________________________________________

Opinion: I really liked Harper as a heroine, she has a celebral palsy but is the one who is apha in this book. She has no fear, is really empathic, likes to help people- no wonder everyone wants to have her as a princess of Emberfall.  

Here is an explanation of author about choosing such heroine: 


On the opposite side, there is Rhen- prince in Autumn season, and monster in other ones. He was cursed by a woman named Lilith (spoiler- she wants to have him for herself, but he ditched her after one night- and she made him pay).

Rhen is cursed- and only true love can save him. 

He has a guard named Grey by his side- the only one who stayed with him for 327 years since curse started. Rhen doesn't realize how Grey is important for him- I really liked Grey, he became my favourite. 

Grey catches women for Rhen, hopefully to break the curse- and one time Harper sees him in DC and attacks him- so Grey brings Harper with him. And then it starts. :)

There is bunch of new things Harper tries (knife and blades throwing, becoming a princess, experiencing dance lessons, fighting with witch, flying on dragon)... 

Grey and Rhen are changing too! Harper has a good effect on them. 

I kinda thought that Harper will end with Grey- I really liked their chemistry together and I was totally shipping them!

_______________________________________________________________________

OVERALL REVIEW: 3 ☆☆☆   

This book was strange for me. At first it was addictive, but when I finished reading 1st part, I didn't have a need to finish it for several days. 

Now that I read it, I don't have any wish to proccede with trilogy, I only wonder about epilogue about Grey. :)

  I was missing some more explanation on some parts, and some parts were really long.

  __________________________________________________________________________



”She will never love me if I keep her prisoner."

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...