🇬🇧 The name of Red by Beena Khan

So, when did I start to feel like a real booknerd? 

When I got my first proposition from an author to read a book for honest review. 

I was screaming inside, yaay? 😍

 Is this really happening?

Although based on the description of the book, I wasn't too much interested in story, I love romance books, but I got a vibe that this will be quite emotional. 

So, here's the description:

The woman in red has a secret admirer.
A second at love means confessing your secrets to a stranger.

On a rainy, winter night, a mysterious woman in a red dress seeking shelter comes inside the restaurant Kabir was busy working in —primarily the bar. Night after night, drink after drink, she comes back to the same spot.

Hundreds of patrons around her try to speak with her daily, but she dismisses them. She’s always reading, always surrounded by books and booze. After seeing the woman reading a book, Kabir gains entrance into her life by anonymously leaving books with notes for her.

She’s not looking for love. He’s ever met anyone like her before. He didn’t want to disturb her peace. And, he didn’t want to be her next reject. So, he decided to leave her books anonymously with notes in them. He just didn’t expect to get caught so soon.

___________________________________________________________________ 


______________________________________________________________
So I did! It wasn't usual love story, it was much more. 
And yes! It was really emotional, the kind of story, you need to cry at some parts. I'm glad I decided to read it, and I posted this review....


________________________________________________________________________

BOOK REVIEW FOR " THE NAME OF RED"

"Contacted by author for honest review".

I was expecting a love story, maybe some kind of plot "friends to lovers", but I got so much more than that.
This isn't chich flick (that I like to read), there is so much going on with all the characters. I would probably not chosen it for myself to read, since I don't like sad and dramatic stories, but it wasn't all tears. I wouldn't classify it as comedy either.

Writer Beena has an easy flow of writing, words jump right over you, story is intriguing, you want to know more of the background.

I loved Kabir, he is a shy and booknerd type of guy, so caring and friendly to everyone.

And Red is so.. Complex. At first I didn't liked her due to her drinking habits, but after the story unfolds.. I kind of understand her.

I loved the story idea of exchanging books and that they were the booknerds!

This book is all about obstacles in life and how to cherish every day in your life.

I was somehow impressed how it was all developed and ended in this book.

To the writter Beena- good job!

 
And guess what? She sent me second part of the book afterwards! :)
 

 



Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...