🇬🇧 A king of beasts by Beena Khan

 

 How was it possible to hate someone and love them at the same time?

 



Book: A king of beasts

Author: Beena Khan

Series: Beauty and the beast, 3. book

Release day: 15th of June, 2021


 

I received ARC copy of Beena's new book- A king of beasts. It's the story of Vlad's father Enzo (Vlad's story is written in book 1 and 2- A beauty so cruel and A beast so cold). Enzo was already mentioned that he's cruel and cold-blooded so I was at first little repulsive to read, but romantic side of me won and I wanted to know who was Roza, since her name was forbidden in Vitali's house.

 

 

 

 Synopsis:
The story is about mafia boss (beast) Enzo Vitali who wants to revenge father's death and kidnaps daughters of his rival (bloody scenes happening here, it was almost too much for me to read, I had to skip some lines). Enzo is captivated by the eldest daughter Roza and he keeps her as his prisoner. In order to keep her sisters safe, Roza obeys Enzo and they quickly start to write their own story.

 

I really thought I won't like this one too much, because it's the darkest in series and I don't like arranged relationships but this book blown me away at the end!

That would be rough synopsis. We see glimpses of Enzo trying and starting to love and taking care of Roza. She is thorn between loyalty to her clan and growing feelings to Enzo. 

My opinion:

Story was well written and author included some trigger warnings that happen in story. I was afraid there will be many bloody, cruel mafia scenes, but they weren't so harsh described as I feared. I was focused on romance and the book satisfied me. The story more focuses on Roza, about her life as "prisoner" and her own battles inside. There were some things that bothered me, such as been captive and without contact for 4 months and realizing you love your captor- BUT- in the end writter explains and finishes the story with revealing truth.

Later in story we meet Kaya and let me tell you- thanks to author Beena for bringing this character in story, who became friend, listener and safe haven for Roza.

Overall, book is intruiging, I read it in one day, you laugh, you cry and think about it after you put it down.  


 (I love those silhouettes on the beginnings in chapters).
And yes, rose petals are something special for Roza in the book. 

RATING: 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I was sure at the beggining (after a certain dog scene) that I will not finish this book and I will have to grade it low. But writting style is so good and captivating that I just closed my eyes (or skipped the lines) and concentrated on a romance story. This is dark romance, it's full of mafia scenes, bloody works and tormenting. This isn't my usual type of reading and I'm avoiding those reads for a reason. And yet, I managed to finish this one! Yaay me!

 

Book will be released on June 15th for everyone interested in finale (or beggining) of a story. And yes- it made me want to open first two books again and search all the scenes were Roza was mentioned. 

 

Thanks to author Beena Khan for receiving ARC copy. 

 

 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...