🇬🇧 Highland games by Evie Alexander

 ‘You make me forget which planet I’m on.’

 


Book: Highland game

Author: Evie Alexander

Series: Kinloch series 1

 



Story plot: 

Welcome to Kinloch, and the hottest winter Scotland’s ever seen.

Zoe’s always played it safe, just as her parents wanted. But when her great-uncle dies and leaves her a ramshackle cabin in the Scottish Highlands, she decides it’s time to change her life.

Upping sticks seems like a good idea in her cosy London flat, but the reality is very different. There’s no electricity or running water, the roof leaks and there’s no front door. If that wasn’t bad enough, she’s moved up in the depths of winter and her scorching hot neighbour wants her out.

Rory’s got a fifty thousand tonne problem. If he can’t make Kinloch castle profitable, he’s out of a job. He needs a clear head, but there’s someone living in the cabin he saw as his own and she’s turned his world upside down.

Rory needs Zoe out of Scotland, and out of his life. The trouble is, she has no intention of leaving.

Let the games begin…

 


WHY DID I WANT TO BE CHOSEN FOR THIS ARC? 

Because it has Scot inside and it's contemporary. I never read Scots in contemporary romance before, and I'm in love with historical scottish romance, so I was thrilled when I was chosen to read ARC. Thanks to author Evie and Booksirens! 



She wasn’t running away as he had always done, she was running to try and find something new, even if it meant living in a hovel in another country.

 

 

 

OPINION:  

I loved this book and it goes to my "top 5 reads of 2021" list! Straight 5 stars as well!  

Story plot is simple and it works! 2 people "fighting" for a little cabin in the forest.  This is the story of Zoe, who inherites great uncle's cabin in Kinloch- Scotland- the same very cabin Rory (very big hunky Scot) wanted to fix and live for himself. And when stubborn Zoe isn't afraid of little rat, high trees, no toilets or water in cabin- Rory finds out he will have troubles to erase Zoe from his life. 

Zoe was such a strong female, not afraid of him or any other obstacles. She found the rat and made him as her pet instantly, she climbed the trees with no fear, she searched for wifi and electricity with no troubles. She loved quite life in her cabin. She has made memories there with her great uncle, but little did she know that Rory knew her uncle as well. 

My favourite scene was "waking the sun with hot chocolate" where they somehow reconciled and started acting like grown ups. For a while. :)

‘King and queen of the world,’ Zoe said, looking out. ‘King and queen of the world,’ repeated Rory, looking at her. 

They start to develop feelings soon, but they are both stubborn and are hidding their emotions. Until they make a little photo shooting in the Kinloch castle, where they give in. 

 ‘So no, I don’t like you. I want you. I crave you. I hunger for you. Everything you are, and everything you do drives me crazy. Like doesn’t even begin to cover it.’

 

But there are other people here, who dislike Zoe in forest as well. I loved that Zoe had her other family here (Morley's lunches are the best) and they helped her all the way. 

Is there a happy ending? Well, some chapters later and yes, it gets HEA- until book 2, where author promises new LOL moments

‘You can have my heart,’ she said softly. . 

_______________________

The story was great, I kept reading it in almost one sitting, pages flew by quickly and I imagined it in my head really vividly. I love to read next stories, including the one with Zoe's bestie Sam and her Hotty Scotty.

  

 

Great book, I recommend it!

 

Thanks to author  Evie Alexander (IG page) and Booksirens (webpage)  for receiving this ARC. All opinions are my own. 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...