🇬🇧 A beautiful liar, Beena Khan

"Even with winter in my heart, I still had her sunshine in my soul."


 

Book: A beautiful liar

Author: Beena Khan 


I've read many Beena's books, but usually I didn't like too much mafia scenes, I liked romance aspects of the story. I saw that she's writting a book based on Hades in Perspehone and I was intrigued in this story, since I liked to read greek mythology. I was lucky enough to get ARC copy on Booksirens

 

Story: 

Once upon a myth...
I've always been sheltered by my overprotective mother, hence the nickname given to me by my tormentors. “The nun.” As a geeky scholarship student at the ancient and prestigious Saint Eudora Academy, I craved freedom, so, I sneaked out into the nightlife for the first time to mend my broken heart. There, I met a pair of alluring blue eyes and our worlds collided leaving nothing but destruction in its wake.

It was a single night, and we both wanted to forget someone. He said, I have six months before he returns. Six months to tell my old life goodbye. In my drunk state, I agreed, and he declared us as betrothed. The next morning, I ghosted him.

Imagine my surprise when I see him at my academy six months later. He's returned like a raging inferno to claim me.

The connection and recognition are still there. He was supposed to only be a myth. The man I meet now is different. He’s tortured, dark, and deadly like Hades. A sense of danger surrounds him, trapping me toward him. I don't know what he is capable of until a favor from the reaper and a chilling murder forces us to bond.

I fear the unknown ahead of me when I finally unmask him. I’m entangled in a web of secrets and lies where money and power rule in his dark world. He says he collects souls, and now he is here to take mine.

Valerius Vitalli will never let me go.
 
"I’d always been invisible to everyone, but I was visible to him."
 

 
"A liar. A damn liar. That was what he was. A beautiful liar. The god of the underworld was a beautiful liar. Even if he omitted the truth, it was still the same thing."
 
OPINION:
Wow, I'm amazed about this story! I read many Beena's mafia romances and she knows I don't like cruelty and I'm here only for the romance- but this book is so much more! It's gothic and dark academia story. We meet Valerius Vitalli who temporary escaped from his mafia family and he meets sweet and innocent Annabella. He promises her that they will meet again after 6 months. It's based on Hades and Persephone retelling and I was so captivated and intrigued in their story.
I was hooked on this story from page 1. I really liked Annabelle's character and I loved that Val wanted to keep an eye on her. I had some predictions on what will happen but I was blown away with the revealing story. Very well written and intriguing story! Author knows that I don't like too much cruel scenes and this was perfect for me. It became my favourite story of Beena. Yes, it has a cliffhanger but thankfully, it's not so intense! And yet, I want more. I highlighted so many quotes!
 

 

“Lift your head, my little flower. I’m aware the world belongs at your feet, but you could spare a glance at me too.”
 
Through the book I anticipated and worried when will cruel scenes arrive, but apart from 1 major scene that affects the story, there isn't too much cruelness inside. Like Beena said, this isn't mafia romance, but it's dark academia. She managed to write such a good book that I enjoyed in it. Can't wait for second book in series.  
 
 “There is always light after the darkness. Where there is joy, there is also pain. If the truth is so painful to say out loud, then don’t tell me now. I don’t want to lose what you’ve already given me. Whatever secrets you have, I will keep them. You called yourself a monster, but you said it yourself. You’re my kind of monster.”
 
I gave it 5 stars! 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
 
 
  

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...