🇬🇧 A beauty so cruel by Beena Khan

 “Belle from Beauty and the Beast liked to read to,” he commented. I stared up at him, curious. “This isn’t a fairytale though.” He arched an eyebrow at him. “Perhaps not. You’re a little beauty though.” 

A Beauty So Cruel (Beauty & The Beast, #1)
 

 

 Book: A beauty so cruel

Author: Beena Khan

Series: Beauty and a beast (1)
Published: 14. 2. 2021

Story:

I was a beauty, a stray orphan until the beast took me as his hostage.

Once upon a time...
A Don by the name of Vlad Vitalli ruled New York. He's a mafia man. The leader of one of the ruling families, La Cosa Nostra. He's a monster. A trained killer and a cold-blooded murderer. Tall, mysterious, with icy gray eyes, and he rarely smiles. He's a criminal. Ruthless, cold, dangerous, and is going to kill me.

I was the wrong person at the wrong time.
An innocent at the masquerade ball but I witnessed a murder. The mafia has rules: no witnesses left behind. To save my life, I made a deal with the beast. I handed myself to the cruelest man in the kingdom.

For him, It was supposed to be an easy kill. I'm an orphan raised in poverty. Just as Don Vlad was about to order the hit, I threw off my masquerade mask, revealing my face, and offered myself to him. One look and I was doomed. He took me as his hostage. His captive. He didn't know by taking me, Dahlia Hadid, he sealed his own fate.


________________________

At first I wasn't to excited to read it, since I don't like mafia stories, but since I participated in reading challenge for "fairytale retelling", this was my first choice for the read. I promised Beena to read it on February, so it was double win.   She gave me an ARC edition and even mentioned me in thank you note. THANK YOU, BEENA!



Opinion: 

This wasn't what I was expecting to read. It was so much better and beyond! I really don't like mafia tropes, so I can tell you, this book is all about romance and not so much about dirty deeds. Although there are a few nasty scenes, but in a very small portion. Story focuses on Vlad and Dahlia- she's been locked in his mansion because she witnessed the crime he did. They get to know each other, playing simple "questions game", having cute moments together (snowball scenes, fireplace scenes, ballroom scenes, teasing with Belle and the Beast references) and quickly it becomes steamy between them. 

Since Vlad is the Dom- leader of mafia family, he doesn't attach to women and believes that Dahlia is just for pleasure- but she quickly grown under his skin, but he doesn't see it.

Rest of the mafia family doesn't like changes in Vlad personality, so they try to break the pair. 

Book is full of suspense, it has lots of going on, story is smooth written. I was drawn to it and read it in one day. 

And when you think, that they will have their happily ever after... 

Something happens and calls for book number 2. Which is releasing in April 2021!


In this fairytale, there was no happy ending. It was a tragedy waiting to happen. 

 

“I’m never letting you go, Dahlia. You’re mine now.”

__________________________________________________________________

Rating: 

5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 Excellent read, this is my favourite Beena's book! 

_______________________

My favourite quotes: 

“You know, I call you Beast in my mind,” I slipped out. 

“I hate you,” she shot at him with as much venom as she could mutter. He looked at her amused. “I promise you’ll love me one day.”  



“Big bad criminals don’t fall in love. This isn’t a fairytale. It has no happy ending. You don’t know how to love, mister.” 

 


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...