🇬🇧 Dancing with danger & Courting trouble

Kerrigan Byrne would be one of my top 10 authors. I love her "Victorian rebel" series, and now I had a chance to read her two new books.



Courting trouble & Dancing with danger

Kerrigan Byrne


Courting trouble

Courting Trouble is the second book in the Goode Girls series and can be read as a standalone.
I haven't read first book in this series so I had no idea who Nora was before.
This story is about Honoria (Nora) and Titus, who crossed their paths before- we have some glimpses of past encounters too. It's about second chance love, which is a storyplot I love.
Titus is pretty dark and damaged, but slowly he opens up. He wants Nora and he will get her.
This book was sad at times, but mostly very funny, they had lots of sweet moments and romantic scenes. Their chemistry is fantastic, and it is clear that they are made for each other.

This book was just perfect lenght, I liked it, rating it with 5 stars.

 Dancing with danger

I would give it a 3,5 stars. I don't like to read about danger, criminals, but as long as there is romance involved, I'm in.

I was pretty confused about the names in the book, I was mixing them constantly, I haven't read first book, but I read second one.
I loved Mercy personality and the fact she's bluestocking. Everyone sees her appearance but her mind is her biggest attribute. She's funny, smart, caring and good friend.
I loved Raphael's and Gabriel's brother connection, they were so close, I'm intrigued to read 1st book to know more about them. I felt sorry for Gabriel and I hope he gets his happy end too!

The story was mysterious, funny, and little dramatic with lots of twists in between.

There were some first mentions I noticed in historical romance- visiting zoo, female detectives, lesbian lover, plastic surgery.

It ends with HEA.

The right woman barged into his life and turned his entire world upside down.

He was in trouble. No. He... was in love. 

 

“I told you I only love one person on this earth, and I referred to Gabriel, but... I am in danger of falling for you, Mercy Goode.” 


I received ARC from Netgalley, all opinion are my own.
 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...