🇬🇧 Don't let the music die- Annmarie Boyle


  “Baby, you are one of the strongest people I’ve ever met. I’m not saving you, just offering a helping hand. It’s what friends do.” “We’re friends again?” she said, trying to steady her breathing and voice. “We never stopped being friends. I was just upset. Friends get upset with each other once in a while.” He brushed the hair from her face. “And I’d be lying if I didn’t hope we could be more than friends.” 

 

 

Title: Don't let the music die

Author: Annmarie Boyle

Series: Storyhill musicians, 2nd book

You can read it standalone, but there are mentioned Storyhill musicians from the book "Love me like a love song".

Release day: June 2021

* received an ARC copy from website Booksirens.

 

Story: 

 This story is about Matt, the lead singer and "face" of the group and his one-time college girlfriend from nine years ago. Amy-Lynn or Avery as she calls herself now, is a radio show host and now has to share hosting duties with Matt for three weeks until the band goes back on tour. Neither of them are looking forward to it, due to their past history. Matt had asked Amy-Lynn to marry him but she refused and they had no contact with each other for nine years. Matt is still angry and Amy-Lynn is keeping a secret from him.

Will they let their secret feelings in plain sight again? 

 
 He’d grab this opportunity by the horns and show everyone he was more than a pretty face. 
 
________________
OPINION: 
(It took almost a month of reading this book, I would love to devour in one sitting, but life happened and I had little time for reading).

First of all- I love titles in this series. Love me like a love song, Don't let the music die. I felt intrigued in the story just because of the title name.

I chosen to read this author again because of the book challenge (music romance) and I was so pleasantly surprised. Since 1st book wasn't really that good to me, was this so different! I was hooked from first page on! I really wanted to know more and more. What did go wrong between heroes- whose fault was it?
What was Avery hiding from Matt? Will they have their second chance?

________________________


“You’re acting so . . . un-Matt like.” 
 
___________________________
 I really enjoyed reading this book, story was well written and interesting all along. I liked the purpose of Matt's work- to be accomplished not only as a music star but as a radio host as well. I enjoyed in listening to their radio show and they were a great team.
 
 

 

“The next right step is to get his arms around you again. And see where it leads.


5 stars from me!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

I received ARC copy from author and Booksirens. All opinions are my own.
 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...