🇬🇧 Fine tuned, Annmarie Boyle

 "Could she ever take a leap of faith and give this thing with Mick a real chance? Her head hurt. Her heart, too."

 

Title: Fine tuned

Author: Annmarie Boyle

I requested this arc from Booksirens because I read previous books- one I loved, one was okay. So my expectations weren't high, but I devoured this book in one sitting! IT WAS GREAT!
 

 “You had a fine-tuned schedule until this—” Mick trailed off absently. “Threw in a few discordant notes, yes.”

Story focuses on Avery's (2nd book heroine)  sister Jessica and football player Mick.  They met on funny occasion and there are sparks flying. When they meet again, Mick's agent proposes fake dating for higher publicity- Jessica needs clients, Mick needs sponsors so they both agree. 
But for Mick, things get real soon and he starts to fall in love. Jessica (who has her life all figured out with taking care of her son, job and school) doesn't plan to have a man in her life. Can she "fine tune" her life with Mick in it or should she run away from him?
 


 But instead of meeting her lips, he placed a very chaste, very soft kiss on her cheek. “I thought,” she breathed out, her voice low and crackly. “I thought . . . you were going to kiss me.” He smirked. “I did.” “I thought you were going to kiss me properly.” “You asked for this to be platonic and while I’m feeling anything but platonic right now, I wouldn’t cross that line without a sign from you.” She searched his face. “A sign?” “You’re in the commissioner’s seat, Jessica. If you want to change the rules of the game, let me know.”

OPINION: 

I was hooked on this story- Mick was a sweetheart all along and I admired his behavior- he was slow, patient and optimistic. Jessica had her fears but I'm glad she had support of her family and managed to get trough her fears.
The book was great for me. In Part 2, Jessica seemed quite confused and arrogant to me, but here she is shown differently that you have to love her. The story itself is fun, funny (also thanks to her son), the couple is in no hurry but take the time to get to know each other. I really liked it, so I also read it quickly.
 
Book shows what great impact does family have too. 
 

I loved this book and I recommend it to everyone who wants to read funny and carefree sports romance. 


 

“You have reason to be cautious, but love doesn’t happen on a timetable. It can take months or happen in a moment.” 

 


She couldn’t lose this man. As much as she kept claiming the timing was wrong, he had her heart. Her whole heart.

 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...