🇬🇧 Reminders of him, Colleen Hoover

 

She’s quiet, but she’s said just enough to make me want the rest of her words. 

 


 Title: Reminders of him


Author: Colleen Hoover

 

 

Since this is newly published book, I've seen lots of hype and posts about it. I have love-hate relationship with Colleen solely because of her emotional and wrecking stories. I gave this book a go and read it because it became our monthly book challenge read at book club- Klub dobrih knjig

 

Story: 

After serving five years in prison for a tragic mistake, Kenna Rowan returns to the town where it all went wrong, hoping to reunite with her four-year-old daughter. But the bridges Kenna burned are proving impossible to rebuild. Everyone in her daughter’s life is determined to shut Kenna out, no matter how hard she works to prove herself.

The only person who hasn’t closed the door on her completely is Ledger Ward, a local bar owner and one of the few remaining links to Kenna’s daughter. But if anyone were to discover how Ledger is slowly becoming an important part of Kenna’s life, both would risk losing the trust of everyone important to them.

The two form a connection despite the pressure surrounding them, but as their romance grows, so does the risk. Kenna must find a way to absolve the mistakes of her past in order to build a future out of hope and healing.

"But what if we were just looking for someone to blame because we were all hurting so much?"

 



OPINION: 

I was suprised I made it to last third of the book without crying! Story was intriguing but it starts with suspense (bringing the cross from the "grave" home). Story slowly unravels infront of the reader so you aren't excatly sure what happened in the past and who is right and wrong. Kenna finds help in form of her late boyfriends best friend Ledger, who falls instantly in love with her. 


She’s quiet in a fierce way—a storm that sneaks up on you, and you don’t know it’s there until you feel the thunder rattle your bones. 

I wasn't a fan of this insta love and some decisions were  a bit confusing- like, she reads him a letter about the death and they have intercourse immediately. I liked side characters especially Roman and Diem. It was nice to read some similarities between mother and daughter. 

 “In a matter of a few weeks, I went from hating you to liking you to wanting the world for you, so forgive me if those feelings sometimes overlap.”

Overall, this was a quick read and page turner. In the end everything works out, but it leaves reader to think about it all over again. Typical Colleen. I would call this a drama romance, and I laughed when I read this Colleen's word at the end of the book: 

 To all of you who escape into books, I want to thank you for escaping into this one. But I also want to apologize for never being able to write romantic comedies, no matter how much I try. I started this one thinking it was going to be a romantic comedy, but obviously the characters weren’t in the mood for that. Maybe next time.

 MAYBE! I give to you 4 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐


"Now that I’ve forgiven myself, the reminders of him only make me smile."

 

 

 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

🇸🇮 Drobni tisk

  "Če je tak občutek biti ob osebi, ki je čisto sonce, bom z veseljem sprejel opeklino."   Naslov: Drobni tisk Avtorica: Lauren As...